-   -   FORMATTING (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/107827-formatting.html)

jclausgirl

FORMATTING

When I have to format a cell and I go to format, cell, in the format box my
"general" format has a decimal point in the sample box instead of just a
number ie 1234 looks like 12.34 so when I try to use the general format it
changes all my numbers into decimals.

Gord Dibben

FORMATTING

There is no format box when you select General.

"General format cells have no specific number format"

States that message on the General Dialog.

What are you actually selecting when you go to CellsFormatNumber Tab?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP