-   -   format 0 so it has a line though it (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/107793-format-0-so-has-line-though.html)

MDjenkins

format 0 so it has a line though it

I am looking for a way that when I type in the number 0 is shows a slash
through it so as to differ it from the letter 0

T Kirtley

format 0 so it has a line though it

You can use the 'Accounting' number format which uses a dash for zeros, or
you could build a custom number format to do this. Try the following as a
custom number format:

General;General;Ø;@

If you want to modify this format you can enter the Ø symbol with the
Alt^0216 key sequence, or you can just copy the charactor in this post.

HTH,

TK

"MDjenkins" wrote:

I am looking for a way that when I type in the number 0 is shows a slash
through it so as to differ it from the letter 0

Dave Peterson

format 0 so it has a line though it

Find a font that supports slashed 0's.

Google will help you find lots--some will be free, others not.

I found this a long time ago:
http://www.qsl.net/wa6axe/fonts.html

Remember that if you share the file, then that recipient will have to have that
same font installed to see the slash.

--

Dave Peterson

Sloth

format 0 so it has a line though it

where are fonts stored?

MDjenkins wrote:

I am looking for a way that when I type in the number 0 is shows a slash
through it so as to differ it from the letter 0

--

Dave Peterson

MyVeryOwnSelf

format 0 so it has a line though it

where are fonts stored?

In Windows XP built-in "Help" there's a page: "Add a new font to your
computer"

Dave Peterson

format 0 so it has a line though it

I think it depends on your version of windows.

But with WindowsXP (home), my fonts are stored in:
C:\windows\font

But there's an option when you install a font asking if you want to move it to
this location. I answer yes to keep them all together--but it's a user option.

Sloth wrote:

where are fonts stored?