-   -   How can I know the no of different cell formats in a Excel workbo. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/10745-how-can-i-know-no-different-cell-formats-excel-workbo.html)

Sunil

How can I know the no of different cell formats in a Excel workbo.

Dear All,

I am facing a problem with no of cell formats...
And every second day our IT dapartment facing a problem like "excel file
corrupt".
When we try to open the file finding error "Too many cell formats"...
Is there any permenent solution to this?

Pls. Help ....

Gord Dibben

Sunil

You will get this message when the no. of cell formats gets to about 4000.

This KB article addresses this problem.

The permanent fix is: don't use so many formats.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP