-   -   Match or Lookup (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/107357-match-lookup.html)

JULZ

Match or Lookup

how do I lookup duplicate numbers on 2 worksheets and if it is a match put a
result of yes?

For example

Worksheet A Worksheet B
Column B Column C Colum D
12 25 YES
16
17
25
1
3
4

Toppers

Match or Lookup

in Worksheet B column D:

=if(Countif(sheet1!B2:B100,C2)0,"YES","")

"julz" wrote:

how do I lookup duplicate numbers on 2 worksheets and if it is a match put a
result of yes?

For example

Worksheet A Worksheet B
Column B Column C Colum D
12 25 YES
16
17
25
1
3
4

GurlRossGurl

Match or Lookup

Sounds like you'll want to be resourceful and use vlookup. Insert a column
in your comparison worksheet that lists "yes"...and return the number of that
column so that it appears when there's a hit.