-   -   Change Text (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/107306-change-text.html)

fak119

Change Text

An apparent simple task...

I want to change the following Text "Surname, NameXXX" into "Surname, Name
(XXX)"

Is there a formula or Macro for this?

Jaleel

Change Text

What is that Triple X?

"fak119" wrote:

An apparent simple task...

I want to change the following Text "Surname, NameXXX" into "Surname, Name
(XXX)"

Is there a formula or Macro for this?

fak119

Change Text

XXX stands (in this case) for three capital letters, such as "USA"

"Jaleel" wrote:

What is that Triple X?

"fak119" wrote:

An apparent simple task...

I want to change the following Text "Surname, NameXXX" into "Surname, Name
(XXX)"

Is there a formula or Macro for this?

Bob Phillips

Change Text

=LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-3)&" ("&RIGHT(A1,3)&")"

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"fak119" wrote in message
XXX stands (in this case) for three capital letters, such as "USA"

"Jaleel" wrote:

What is that Triple X?