-   -   how do I format numbers for time with thousandths of a second? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/10722-how-do-i-format-numbers-time-thousandths-second.html)

Mike Stoller

how do I format numbers for time with thousandths of a second?

There are a seemingly simple examples in the help tab, but for the life of
me, I can't get a simple cell format for minutes, seconds and thousndths of a
second to work properly. The cell number looks right, but I get some
*******ized date up in the input bar that doesn't match -- ultimatley I want
to add times.

frustrated

Myrna Larson

should be mm:ss.000

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 19:50:11 -0800, Mike Stoller <Mike
wrote:

There are a seemingly simple examples in the help tab, but for the life of
me, I can't get a simple cell format for minutes, seconds and thousndths of a
second to work properly. The cell number looks right, but I get some
*******ized date up in the input bar that doesn't match -- ultimatley I want
to add times.

frustrated

peterm

Since you know how to format the cell in time or
you have to do is be careful with your input 7:52:00 NOT 7.52.00
you must use the double dots
Cheers
peterm