-   -   Deleting Macros (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/107057-deleting-macros.html)

Connie Martin

Deleting Macros

Working with Excel 2000. I copied a spreadsheet to a new workbook and, of
course, the macros came with it linked to the other file. How do I break the
link to the other file? If the macros are activated, I don't want it to open
the other file, which it does right now. Connie

Dave Peterson

Deleting Macros

It sounds like you added shapes (buttons from the Forms toolbar????) to a
worksheet.

If that's true, rightclick on each button and reassign the associated macro.

--

Dave Peterson

Connie Martin

Deleting Macros

Thank you. That worked. And yes, you're right. I created macro buttons. I
must print this because I've run into this problem before. The ol' mare she
ain't what she used to be and she forgets!!! Thanks again. Connie