-   -   Selecting only rows of data with unique identifier (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/107053-selecting-only-rows-data-unique-identifier.html)

nackington

Selecting only rows of data with unique identifier

I have a worksheet with many hundreds of rows of data and 16 columns. In
column P there is an identifier (numeric). Can I use a formula in a second
worksheet to reproduce the first worksheet but only picking out the rows
where either the identifier is unique or in the case where there are
duplicates picking out just one of these rows (any one will do).
Thanks!!

Richard M Burton

Selecting only rows of data with unique identifier

If you are using Excel 2003 you could try an 'advanced filter'. Data, Filter,
Advanced Filter.

this function is a nightmare to get working but when it does it's good.

Set some blank lines at the top of your data. Enter one or more column names
in the first row (These are the columns of data you want in the results)
In A2 enter the item you want to select (if any)

Then, with the cursor in the source data area, use the function. Select copy
to. It should automatically select the source data area. The column headers
and A2 become the criteria, and select unique records only and select where
you want to put the results (in the same worksheet).

At least I think that is how it works.

Richard