-   -   Making a cell show relevant data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/107024-making-cell-show-relevant-data.html)

IoHeFy

Making a cell show relevant data

Hi,

I'm trying to find a formaul that does the following;

Cell B2 is a pick-list of names. I want cell B3 to show the relevant phone
number for the name that is picked in cell B2. there will be about 31 names
to choose from in cell B2.

Any ideas?
Thanks!

Toppers

Making a cell show relevant data

Assuming there is a table of names and phone numbers then in B3:

=VLOOKUP(B2,Sheet2!A2:B30,2,0)

this assumes sheet 2 contains Names and phone in columns A & B so change as
required.

To allow for errors:

If(ISNA(VLOOKUP(B2,Sheet2!A2:B30,2,0)),"",VLOOKUP( B2,Sheet2!A2:B30,2,0))

HTH