-   -   How do I sort birthdays? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/106889-how-do-i-sort-birthdays.html)

Lois

How do I sort birthdays?

I would like to sort the birthdays to put in order for the year

Marcelo

How do I sort birthdays?

Hi,

you can use an auxiliar column with this formula =year(a2), copy it down,
sort by this column.

hth
--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

"Lois" escreveu:

I would like to sort the birthdays to put in order for the year

Dave Peterson

How do I sort birthdays?

You should be able to just sort by the date -- if those values are really dates.

On the other hand, if you wanted to sort by month (all January together no
matter the year), I'd use a helper column with:

=text(a2,"mmddyyyy")
drag down

And sort by this helper column.

Lois wrote:

I would like to sort the birthdays to put in order for the year

--

Dave Peterson

Liz

How do I sort birthdays?

Create other columns - one for the year and one for the month. Sort by
those columns. Ex:

A B C
1/1/2006 2006 1 (January)

The formula in column B would be "=YEAR(A1)" and the formula in column C
would be "=MONTH(A1)"