-   -   adding new data to an excel worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/106830-adding-new-data-excel-worksheet.html)

HSUK

adding new data to an excel worksheet

i have a worksheet which contains weekly data for some purchases. eash week i
get a spreadsheet with this weeks transactions. I would like to add the new
data to the exsisting data automatically. Is this possible?

Naveen

adding new data to an excel worksheet

Yes, it is possible with Excel VBA Programming.

*** Please do rate ***

"HSUK" wrote:

i have a worksheet which contains weekly data for some purchases. eash week i
get a spreadsheet with this weeks transactions. I would like to add the new
data to the exsisting data automatically. Is this possible?

HSUK

adding new data to an excel worksheet

Thanks, where do i start with the VBA Programming?

"HSUK" wrote:

i have a worksheet which contains weekly data for some purchases. eash week i
get a spreadsheet with this weeks transactions. I would like to add the new
data to the exsisting data automatically. Is this possible?

Naveen

adding new data to an excel worksheet

I don't know your exact requirement, but it is possible,

for instance, piece of code, which is shown below will copy from one
location to another location, automatically,

Sub Naveen()
lstrow = Cells.SpecialCells(xlLastCell).Row
Rows("1:" & lstrow).Copy
Rows(lstrow + 1).Insert Shift:=xlDown

Please post your exact requirement.

*** Please do rate ***