-   -   I'm trying to compile text from multiple worksheets... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/106803-im-trying-compile-text-multiple-worksheets.html)

leigoze

I'm trying to compile text from multiple worksheets...

I'm trying to compile text from multiple worksheets into a column in another
worksheet of the same excel project without having spaces...or repeated
numbers. I'd like it to compile like numbers by itself into a single cell in
the column...for example instead of:

1

2

3

2
1
4

3
I'd like it to be:

1
2
3
4
Anybody know how to do this? It would be greatly appreciated!!

MarkN

I'm trying to compile text from multiple worksheets...

Is this a single column or is the column part of a larger table/list?
--
Thanks,
MarkN

"leigoze" wrote:

I'm trying to compile text from multiple worksheets into a column in another
worksheet of the same excel project without having spaces...or repeated
numbers. I'd like it to compile like numbers by itself into a single cell in
the column...for example instead of:

1

2

3

2
1
4

3
I'd like it to be:

1
2
3
4
Anybody know how to do this? It would be greatly appreciated!!

Dave Peterson

I'm trying to compile text from multiple worksheets...

You could just do a bunch of copy|pastes (pasting at the bottom of the ever
growing list in column A of that combined worksheet).

Then use data|filter|advanced filter to get rid of duplicates
Check unique records only.

Debra Dalgleish explains it in more detail:
http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#FilterUR

Then delete the column A and delete the single blank cell.