-   -   Match Date (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/106738-match-date.html)

stevec

Match Date

If I have a date in date format, how can I match a value in the date.

For example, in cell A1 I type in 6/30/06. This is the month of June.

In Cell B1, I want to create a formula that says essentially "If the Date is
in the month of June then add 31 days"

So I get 7/31/06 in cell B1.

How do I do this? Thanks very much.

Dave Peterson

Match Date

=if(month(a1)=6,a1+31,"what should happen otherwise?")

(format as a date)

--

Dave Peterson

stevec