-   -   how do I put the do not call list in excel...does not fit (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/106649-how-do-i-put-do-not-call-list-excel-does-not-fit.html)

scorm

how do I put the do not call list in excel...does not fit

Hi...
Trying to download "Do Not Call" list for my state into Excel....too large
to fit full file...is there a way around this? Would like it to be in columns
and all fit!

Thanks much!

Dave O

how do I put the do not call list in excel...does not fit

In my version of Excel (Excel 2003) the maximum rows allowed in 65,536.
(I've seen references to greater amounts in subsequent or future
versions, but it sounds like you're using this version or something
similar as well.) Since the do not call list is likely to be pretty
large, in terms of a row count, you'll either need to expand into
different columns, or spread it across multiple tabs in the workbook,
or use a database, which would have no such row restrictions.

What do you need to do with the data?

Dave F

how do I put the do not call list in excel...does not fit

Use Access or another db package.

Excel has a limit of 65000 rows (at least in the current version. XL 2007
is a different story.)

--
Brevity is the soul of wit.