-   -   Matching cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/106573-matching-cells.html)

GARY

Matching cells

How can I determine which cells in Column A contain the same contents
as cells in Column B?
(Column has 9,800 cells; Column B has 3,600 cells).

JLatham

Matching cells

Assuming column C is available, otherwise use another that is and that range
for stuff in A is A1:A9800, and that range for B starts in row 1 also,

in C1 put:
=Countif(A$1:A$9800,B1)
and fill down to the end of the stuff in B - this will give you a count of
the number of times the value in B appears in A.

"GARY" wrote:

How can I determine which cells in Column A contain the same contents
as cells in Column B?
(Column has 9,800 cells; Column B has 3,600 cells).

GARY

Matching cells

Thanks, but I want to see the contents of the cells in Col A that match
(or don't match) the contents of the cells in Col B.