-   -   Best way to trap error to MsgBox "Too many cell formats" (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/106520-best-way-trap-error-msgbox-too-many-cell-formats.html)

[email protected]

Best way to trap error to MsgBox "Too many cell formats"

2003 & 2007

Seem to be running into this error more often than in the past.

Personally, I know how to avoid it but I review others' worksheets. As part of my review, I run a
series of macros. For some reason, I can not seem to trap this error.

My macro seems to finish normally yet all the special formatting (in my macro) stops a some point
probably at 4086 formats.

I would like to know when this happens with a message box so than I can save the file, re-open it
and continue where the macro crashed.

I have If err.number MsgBox "Too Many Formats" all over the code but ...

Thanks for any thoughts

EaglrOne