-   -   format degrees, mg/l, parts per million (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/10644-format-degrees-mg-l-parts-per-million.html)

dumbfounded

format degrees, mg/l, parts per million

I would like to format cells in a similar maner that a date would be ( 6:30
PM ). But I want to use degrees in celcius ( litte circle and C ), parts per
million (ppm), and milligrams per litre ( mgl ).

Is there an option to do this in the custom menu perhaps. I can't seem to
find how.

Daryl C.

Rob van Gelder

From the Format menu | Cells | Custom
In the Type box:
0.00 °C

The degrees symbol can be entered by holding down ALT and typing 0176 on the
numeric keypad

"dumbfounded" wrote in message
I would like to format cells in a similar maner that a date would be ( 6:30
PM ). But I want to use degrees in celcius ( litte circle and C ), parts
per
million (ppm), and milligrams per litre ( mgl ).

Is there an option to do this in the custom menu perhaps. I can't seem to
find how.

Daryl C.

Jon Peltier

In the same way, you can include any text in a numerical cell's
appearance. If the text contains a character which may confuse Excel's
formatting (like h,m,s or d,m,y) you should include the text in quotes:

0" ppm"
0.0" mg/l"

- Jon
-------