-   -   Sorting Validation (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/106438-sorting-validation.html)

Marten

Sorting Validation

I have a dynamic validation list new entries will be entered here
continuously, but what i want is the drop down list to come sorted
alphabetically also when the linked list is no longer alphabetical? Could
anybody help?

Thanks
Marten

Jim Cone

Sorting Validation

Marten,

If your list of entries is a named range, then new entries inserted into it
will automatically adjust the range. So if your Validation list cell was "E5"
and the list was named "MyList" then the following event code in the
sheet module might do what you want...

If Target.Address = "$E$5" Then Range("MyList").Sort Range("MyList")
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Marten"