-   -   Opening Office Excel file in Works suite (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/10641-opening-office-excel-file-works-suite.html)

DON

Opening Office Excel file in Works suite

I have a very important spreadsheet for a veterans organization that I made
using MS Office 97 Excel. I have gotten a new computer with Windows XP MS
works suite 2004. It does not recognize the xls extension and I cannot open
this file. Is there a way to convert this file to the works suite?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I do not know that much about this
system and I really need this information.

GORDON SCALES via OfficeKB.com

You can try selecting the file using Explorer, and if it comes up as an
unknown file extension, you can then select the Works program to open it.