-   -   How do I disable backup files from Excel Queries? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/106409-how-do-i-disable-backup-files-excel-queries.html)

simmon

How do I disable backup files from Excel Queries?

there are files created in a directory without any extension, I tried to view
them with notepad, they are some sort of query files. Since I didn't write
the query or created the macro, I have no idea how to disable these files.

Anyone know?

Mallasch

How do I disable backup files from Excel Queries?

Every file should have some extension. Try going to Start -- Control Panel
-- Folder Options -- View Tab then make sure that "Hide extensions for
known file types" is NOT checked.

To disable AutoRecover, go to MS Excel and go to Tools--Options--Save tab
and check off the AutoRecover button. I would caution against doing this
though as it is a good precaution to have backups.