-   -   Excell will not add multiple sums together, what do I have turned. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/10639-excell-will-not-add-multiple-sums-together-what-do-i-have-turned.html)

Kenny's Key West

Excell will not add multiple sums together, what do I have turned.

I am trying to use the auto sum feature, when I try to add multiple auto sums
together,, it returns a zero total. what do I need to turn on or off to so I
can get the correct total

Dave Peterson

I'm guessing that the autosum was applied to a range that had
data|filter|autofilter applied (and the data was filtered).

The autosum figured that you wanted to use a =subtotal() function.

(If the data did not have an active filter, then the autosum button will guess
=sum().)

Anyway, =subtotal() is a pretty smart function. It knows to ignore other
=subtotals().

So you can either change the formula to use =sum() or use =subtotal() against
the original range of data cells.

--

Dave Peterson