Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default HELP! DATE FORMATTING CRISIS!

I have an enormous spreadsheet with many dates. I need to insert the sheet
into another workbook. When I copy it, however, all of the dates get funked
up in the destination workbook: "3/6/07," for example, morphs horribly into
"3/5/03". I've checked the serial numbers for the same dates in the original
workbook and the new workbook, and they're the same: as an unformatted
number, 3/5/03 shows itself to be 37685, which is the serial number for the
date in the source workbook before the grotesque metamorphosis.(3/6/07).

Needless to say, this is all aboslutely awful. I suspect the destination
workbook is simply corrupt, because when I copy sample dates from the
original source workbook into a fresh one, they appear just fine. Still, I
need to know, is there anything that might be done to rescue the
possibly-corrupt workbook? Much workj has gone into it that simply copying
all sheets into a new workbook makes impractical.

Please, please help!