-   -   Worksheet Names (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/106356-worksheet-names.html)

Timmy Mac1

Worksheet Names

Is there any way of generating a list a worksheet names, as opposed to
Range Names, in a worksheet, or alternatively something that will
reference a worksheet name, changing if the worksheet name is
subsequently changed?

I want to start putting explanation worksheets in my workbooks to
explain how the worksheets interact and what their purposes are, so any
comments along the lines of assisting with this would be gratefully
received. :)

--
Timmy Mac1
Timmy Mac1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15188

Gary''s Student

Worksheet Names

This tiny macro will return worksheet names:

Function nameit(i As Integer) As String
Application.Volatile
nameit = Worksheets(i).Name
End Function

For example, =nameit(1) will return the name of the first worksheet.
=nameit(2) will return the name of the second worksheet, etc.
--
Gary's Student

"Timmy Mac1" wrote:

Is there any way of generating a list a worksheet names, as opposed to
Range Names, in a worksheet, or alternatively something that will
reference a worksheet name, changing if the worksheet name is
subsequently changed?

I want to start putting explanation worksheets in my workbooks to
explain how the worksheets interact and what their purposes are, so any
comments along the lines of assisting with this would be gratefully
received. :)

--
Timmy Mac1
Timmy Mac1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15188
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=574070

Bob Phillips

Worksheet Names

Sub ListWorksheets()
Dim i As Long

For 1 = 1 To Activeworkbook.Worksheets.Count
Cells(i,"A").Value = Activeworkbook.Worksheets(i).Name
Next i

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Timmy Mac1" wrote
in message ...

Is there any way of generating a list a worksheet names, as opposed to
Range Names, in a worksheet, or alternatively something that will
reference a worksheet name, changing if the worksheet name is
subsequently changed?

I want to start putting explanation worksheets in my workbooks to
explain how the worksheets interact and what their purposes are, so any
comments along the lines of assisting with this would be gratefully
received. :)

--
Timmy Mac1
Timmy Mac1's Profile: