-   -   set payment date 28 days after following friday (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/106353-set-payment-date-28-days-after-following-friday.html)

rhydim

set payment date 28 days after following friday

sale on a monday aug 2 need to calulate 28 days after following friday for
payment date. if this falls on sat or sun needs to move to monday

Bob Phillips

set payment date 28 days after following friday

=(A1+(WEEKDAY(A1,2)5)+(WEEKDAY(A1,2)6))+6-WEEKDAY(A1+(WEEKDAY(A1,2)5)+(WE
EKDAY(A1,2)6))+28

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"rhydim" wrote in message
sale on a monday aug 2 need to calulate 28 days after following friday for
payment date. if this falls on sat or sun needs to move to monday

Sandy Mann

set payment date 28 days after following friday

Bob,

Perhaps it is my reading of the question but surely 28 days after the
following Friday can never be a Saturday or Sunday.

=A1-WEEKDAY(A1-6,1)+35

Seems to return the same date as your formula.

--
HTH

Sandy

with @tiscali.co.uk

"rhydim" wrote in message
sale on a monday aug 2 need to calulate 28 days after following friday
for
payment date. if this falls on sat or sun needs to move to monday

Bob Phillips

set payment date 28 days after following friday

Sandy,

I read that as if today is a saturday or sunday, start on the next monday,
then goto Friday, then add 28. I think though that by reading it in that
convoluted manner, I concocted a convoluted formula. Your method of getting
the lat Friday and adding 35 seems much more direct.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips