-   -   Excel in separate windows (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/106282-excel-separate-windows.html)

MiniMe

Excel in separate windows

Does anybody know how to force Excel to open in separate windows? The older
versions gave the option of setting it so every Excel file will open in
separate window. I can't seem to fugure this out in the 2003 version.

Jaleel

Excel in separate windows

Hi

Your question is vague. What I understood may be ungrouping of similar
taskbar buttons. Try this:

Right click the taskbar. Go to properties - Taskbar. If "Group similar
taskbar buttons" is checked, uncheck it.

Regards,

Jaleel

"MiniMe" wrote:

Does anybody know how to force Excel to open in separate windows? The older
versions gave the option of setting it so every Excel file will open in
separate window. I can't seem to fugure this out in the 2003 version.

Andrew Taylor

Excel in separate windows

Tool/Options/View/Windows in Taskbar