-   -   Hide negative numbers in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/106259-hide-negative-numbers-excel.html)

James

Hide negative numbers in Excel

Hi I am working on real simple spreadsheet in Excel I have a little problem.
I do not want to show negative numbers. For my spread sheet a negative is
mute so it is not needed. Any way to hide them?

Thank you,
James

Sandy Mann

Hide negative numbers in Excel

James,

You could use a custom format of "General;" (without the quotes) but the
negative value will still be in the cell and so will be used in any future
calculations. You could also add to yojur formula as in:

=IF(your formula <0,0,your formula)

or IF(your formula<0,"",your formula)

but in the second version the empty string may cause you problems if you use
it in other formulas.

--
HTH

Sandy

with @tiscali.co.uk

"James" wrote in message
Hi I am working on real simple spreadsheet in Excel I have a little
problem.
I do not want to show negative numbers. For my spread sheet a negative is
mute so it is not needed. Any way to hide them?

Thank you,
James

Dave O

Hide negative numbers in Excel

You can set Conditional Formatting to turn the font color to white when
the number is less than zero. The white font will not appear on screen
or on prints.

scottfoxall

Hide negative numbers in Excel

You could hide the negative values with conditional formatting;

If the value is less than 0 then the text colour is white (assuming you have
a white backround)

DO:

Format conditional Formatting

then select is less than for cell value and enter 0

then click format and text colour as white.

Hope that helps

"James" wrote:

Hi I am working on real simple spreadsheet in Excel I have a little problem.
I do not want to show negative numbers. For my spread sheet a negative is
mute so it is not needed. Any way to hide them?

Thank you,
James

Harald Staff

Hide negative numbers in Excel

Hi James

You could also use custom cell format
0,""
(or is it
0;""
? I'm not sure if a semicolon is the thing here or if it's language
dependant)

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"James" skrev i melding