-   -   how to line up different columns of data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/106258-how-line-up-different-columns-data.html)

np

how to line up different columns of data

I have a database that is much larger, but the layout is similar to below:
************
Name Date Missing Form No Signature Unapproved Needs
Training
J Smith 8/21/06 Yes Yes
P Jones 8/15/06
Yes
D Wilson 8/10/06 Yes
**************
There are several more columns (about 15) and many more rows of data. Is
there a way either using Excel or Access that I can create a table that takes
this data and consolidates it as follows:

Name Date Deficieny 1 Deficiency 2 Deficiency 3
Deficiency 4
J Smith 8/21/06 Missing Form Unapproved
P Jones 8/15/06 Needs Training

D Wilson 8/10/06 No Signature

I can change the data around if I need to, i.e. have the headings be
Deficiency 1, Deficiency 2, etc. and list the deficiencies (Missing Form,
etc.) below, but I need to be able to skip the columns that don't apply to
each person since otherwise it would take up to many pages across...any
suggestions?

THANKS!