-   -   Conditional Auto fill (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/106165-conditional-auto-fill.html)

naijaexcel

Conditional Auto fill

Can anyone help please. i would like to auto fill a cell based on a selection in another cell. I tried using an IF formula, but this would not let me edit the cell after it has been autofilled.

All help is appreciated!

Debra Dalgleish

Conditional Auto fill

If you use an IF formula, you can type a different value in the cell
later, but that would remove the formula.

Another option is to use programming to fill the cell. There's an
example he

Under Data Validation, look for 'DV0027 - Update Dependent Cell'

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures