-   -   Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/106106-excel.html)

Puzzled Trainer

Excel

I have a column of numbers (approximately 100 rows) and wish to remove the
last 2 digits of each one that ends with 01. Is there a way of doing this
please?
Example:
8015601
8025822
8036501
And so on

Thanks

JLatham

Excel

Assuming numbers are in column A for this example, put this formula in an
available cell on same row and extend down the sheet. Row 1 used as example.
This will work even tho it looks a little odd:
=IF(RIGHT(A1,2)="01",INT(A1/100),A1)

"Puzzled Trainer" wrote:

I have a column of numbers (approximately 100 rows) and wish to remove the
last 2 digits of each one that ends with 01. Is there a way of doing this
please?
Example:
8015601
8025822
8036501
And so on

Thanks

Nikki

Excel

try this:
=IF(RIGHT(A1,2)="01",LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-2),A1)

"Puzzled Trainer" wrote:

I have a column of numbers (approximately 100 rows) and wish to remove the
last 2 digits of each one that ends with 01. Is there a way of doing this
please?
Example:
8015601
8025822
8036501
And so on

Thanks

JLatham

Excel

Either will accomplish the task, with on subtle difference:
the solution I offered leaves the new value as a number,
the alternative solution coerces the solution into a number displayed as text.

Pick whichever meets your needs?