-   -   Pivot Table - Filtering Page Field (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/10595-pivot-table-filtering-page-field.html)

R. G. Ingersoll

Pivot Table - Filtering Page Field

I have a simple jobs sold list with dates and salesman. I would like to put
the date on the page field and then filter by periods like month or quarters.
But I dont see anyway for appling an advanced filter for a less than and
greater than date. selecting individual date entries would be tedious.
Thanks for any suggestions.
--
Ingersoll

tjtjjtjt

If I understand your question correctly, you could try putting date data in
the Row Field.
Then, right-click on a date and choose Group and Show Detail. Click Group...
Then, choose the Time Periods you want to group the dates by.
Click Okay.
You will know have new Row Fields. Drag Months or Quarters to the page
Field, and drag the ones you don't want off the table.

tj