Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default corrupt document and open and repair command

Every time I launch Excel I get the following message...The document is
corrupt and cannot be opened. To try and repair it, use the Open and Repair
command inthe Open dialogue (file menu) and select Extract Data when
prompted. I cannot find the corrupted file to repair and I'm tired of seeing
this message every time at startup.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'd look in my XLStart folder and maybe in the list under Tools|addins.

Maybe you can do some detective work to find out:

Chip Pearson has some notes on how to diagnose startup errors:

And Jan Karel Pieterse has more notes:
http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/StartupProblems.asp

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

As your excel files gets corrupted and it cannot be repaired by open and
Repair option. Now you can try 'Kernel Recovery for Excel'
(http://www.nucleustechnologies.com/E...r-Software.php)

A month before, I had experienced this kind of situation, my important
excel gets crashed and showing "This file cannot be opened" frequently.
So I tried Kernel Recovery for Excel. You don,t believe i get my file
repaired with its original formatting. You can get more information
about this tool from here
http://www.nucleustechnologies.com

Try it! Really awesome tool!!!!!111

I hope you will get good results