-   -   Multiple parameters in MS Query (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/105905-multiple-parameters-ms-query.html)

Ken

Multiple parameters in MS Query

Hi!
I created a Microsoft query in Excel to pull some data from our accounting
database. I use [Enter Job Number] as the parameter, so it will ask me to
enter one job number every time I run it. Instead of one job number, how can
make the query to prompt me to enter multiple parameters/job numbers? I know
I can use "Add Criteria" in "Edit" mode to enter more parameters. However,
it is not quite convenient.

Thank you very much!

Debra Dalgleish

Multiple parameters in MS Query

On separate rows in MS Query, you can enter parameters, e.g.
[Enter Job #1]
[Enter Job #2]
[Enter Job #3]

Then, select a cell in the external data range, and on the External Data
toolbar, click the Query Parameters button.
Select each parameter from the list, and link it to a worksheet cell,
with refresh automatically enabled.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures