-   -   Opening a spreadsheet in excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/105893-opening-spreadsheet-excel.html)

labrams

Opening a spreadsheet in excel

How do I open a spreadsheet so that opens in a new instance of excel each time?

Dave F

Opening a spreadsheet in excel

You can't open the same file in two difference instances of Excel.
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"labrams" wrote:

How do I open a spreadsheet so that opens in a new instance of excel each time?

labrams

Opening a spreadsheet in excel

Sorry I meant different files.

"labrams" wrote:

How do I open a spreadsheet so that opens in a new instance of excel each time?

Dave F

Opening a spreadsheet in excel

Oh that's easy. Put a shortcut to Excel on your desktop, open two instances
of Excel from it.

Then open the files either from Excel, or via Windows Explorer.
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"labrams" wrote:

How do I open a spreadsheet so that opens in a new instance of excel each time?

scottfoxall

Opening a spreadsheet in excel

You can do this but you need to have some basic knowledge of VBA. You need
to write some code to open a new workbook and copy data from the original
source into the new workbook. Try looking for VBA examples on the net.

"labrams" wrote:

How do I open a spreadsheet so that opens in a new instance of excel each time?

labrams

Opening a spreadsheet in excel

Okay I think I confused the issue. I used to be able to go into a folder
double click a file and it would open in a new instance of excel. Now if i
double click a file it opens in an already opened excel window. How do I get
back to the first way?