-   -   Printing Grid lines & Shaded cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/105889-printing-grid-lines-shaded-cells.html)

apatec

Printing Grid lines & Shaded cells

PAGE SETUP
Gridlines: checked
Black and White: tried both ways
Draft Quality: unchecked

Tools/Options/View/Window Options/ Gridlines:checked

Problem:
I have user with a workbook with 4 spreadsheets. These spreadsheets
have pivot-tables I think, calcuations, and linked data from the other
3 spreadsheets. These spreadsheets also have some cells shaded in grey,
and 'column and line borders' but not everywhere.

Q:1 Although in Edit mode, NONE of the spreadsheets show Gridlines,
why?

Q2: When printing, gridlines AND shaded cells do not appear at the
same time in Print Preview; it's either one or the other depending if
PAGE SETUP 'Gridlines' and/or 'Black and White' is checked or not.

For example:
If 'Gridlines' is only checked, the PrintPrev shows the following:
- Gridlines do NOT appear,
- A solid border around spreadsheet even though there is no border
line in those cells in edit mode
- Shaded grey cells do appear.

If 'Gridlines' AND 'Black and White' are both checked, PrintPrev
shows:
- Gridlines appear
- Shaded grey cells do NOT appear.

What is happening? How do I get them to print the same time?
Thanks!

--
apatec
apatec's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37731