-   -   Inserting Lines or Copying lines with formulas but without data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/105797-inserting-lines-copying-lines-formulas-but-without-data.html)

wnfisba

Inserting Lines or Copying lines with formulas but without data

Is there any way to insert or copy lines that contain formulas but I don't
want to copy all the field contents; just the formulas??? So when I insert or
copy a line, the only contents that are put in the new line are the "="
formulas.

Any help or guidance in this is appreciated.

Thanks!

wnfisba

Muhammed Rafeek M

Inserting Lines or Copying lines with formulas but without data

Edit-Paste Special-select formula

"wnfisba" wrote:

Is there any way to insert or copy lines that contain formulas but I don't
want to copy all the field contents; just the formulas??? So when I insert or
copy a line, the only contents that are put in the new line are the "="
formulas.

Any help or guidance in this is appreciated.

Thanks!

wnfisba

Montrose77

Inserting Lines or Copying lines with formulas but without data

In situations such as that, I find it useful to create a blank row (or
column, as the case may be) that has the formulas, but no data. Then
every time I add a new row I copy from that one.

--
Montrose77
Montrose77's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18191