-   -   Calendar and VLOOKUP (perhaps?) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/105750-calendar-vlookup-perhaps.html)

SamuelT

Calendar and VLOOKUP (perhaps?)

Hi all,

I have set up a calendar (away from my main data in a named range
'dates') covering the time period a project is running. I have the
week's numbers running down a column (Weeks 1 - 10) and the days (Mon -
Sun) running across in rows.

In column A I have listed when a certain part of the project is taking
place ('Week 1', 'Week 2', etc). In column S I have which day of this
week a certain part is taking place (Mon, Tues, etc).

What I'm trying to achieve is for Excel to determine from the week
number and day what the specific date will be. The days (but not the
weeks) are constantly changing, so I need for the user simply to be
able to type in, for instance, 'Fri' and Excel will, from my calendar,
work out what the specific date is.

I vaguely think some kind of VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH formula might work,
but can't work out the exact phrasing. Any ideas?

TIA,

SamuelT

--
SamuelT
SamuelT's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27501

Franz Verga

SamuelT wrote:
[...]

Hi Samuel,

It's quite difficult for me what you mean...
Maybe if could upload a small example file to www.savefile.com or
www.rapidshare.de it would be easier to help you...

--
Thanks in advance for your feedback.