-   -   dates in columns (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/105715-dates-columns.html)

kfcgirly

dates in columns

I want to show dates fortnightly in my columns. Is there a formular of some
kind to allow me to do this?

Dave F

dates in columns

Put the start date, say 8/17/06 in one cell, say A1.

In the next cell, put =A1+14 and fill down.

"kfcgirly" wrote:

I want to show dates fortnightly in my columns. Is there a formular of some
kind to allow me to do this?

kfcgirly

dates in columns

That just made it say #VALUE!

"kfcgirly" wrote:

I want to show dates fortnightly in my columns. Is there a formular of some
kind to allow me to do this?

Dave F

dates in columns

make sure the cells are formatted as dates.

It works for me.

"kfcgirly" wrote:

That just made it say #VALUE!

"kfcgirly" wrote:

I want to show dates fortnightly in my columns. Is there a formular of some
kind to allow me to do this?

Dave Peterson

dates in columns

Make sure you match the same month, day, year order as your windows short date
when you type in your date.

8/17/06 will mean m/d/y (august 17, 2006) for me with my typical USA settings.

Maybe you need:
17/8/06

Match the format you get when you type ctrl-; (control-semicolon) in an empty
cell.

kfcgirly wrote:

That just made it say #VALUE!

--