-   -   Excel Filtering Question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/105714-excel-filtering-question.html)

TA

Excel Filtering Question

How do I Filter for the last character of a label in Excel 2003. I want to
find every entry that ends in a specific letter.
Thanks

Dave F

Excel Filtering Question

If the last character (reading left to right) on which you want to filter is
X, then: =IF(RIGHT(F23,1)="X",1,"") and fill down (correct cell reference as
appropriate).

Then filter the table for all rows which have a 1 value in this helper column.

"TA" wrote:

How do I Filter for the last character of a label in Excel 2003. I want to
find every entry that ends in a specific letter.
Thanks

Paul B

Excel Filtering Question

Ta, use a helper column, put in =RIGHT(A2,1) and fill down, change to your
data reference and filter on that column

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"TA" wrote in message
How do I Filter for the last character of a label in Excel 2003. I want

find every entry that ends in a specific letter.
Thanks

Peo Sjoblom

Excel Filtering Question

TA wrote:

How do I Filter for the last character of a label in Excel 2003. I want to
find every entry that ends in a specific letter.
Thanks

In autofilter use custom and ends with then put the specific letter in
the box

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom