-   -   Add User to comment (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/105641-add-user-comment.html)

Nimish

Add User to comment

I have a worksheet event that inserts a comment into a changed cell so
that it can be tracked. Multiple employees access the sheet and are
free to change items and I want to hold them accountable for changes.

I have: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
Target.Interior.ColorIndex = 0
On Error Resume Next
Dim curComment As String
curComment = ""
curComment = Target.Comment.Text
If curComment < "" Then curComment = curComment & Chr(10)
Target.AddComment
Target.Comment.Text Text:=curComment & _
ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Author") & _
Chr(10) & " Rev. " & Format(Date, "yyyy-mm-dd ") & _
Format(Time, "hh:mm")
ActiveCell.Comment.Visible = False
'comment perhaps should be resized
End Sub

How do I include the user name automatically? Perhaps insert the name
that the excel workbook is regsitered to?