-   -   TRANSPOSE (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/105624-transpose.html)

Dave F

TRANSPOSE

Let's say you want to trigger the transposition of a range if a criteria is
met, for example, something like the below, where the sum of the count of 1s
and 2s in the range D5:D16 is < 18.

This formula returns an error as currently written. Can you trigger a
transposition to happen given certain criteria? I suppose a more general
question is: can you trigger any array function given certain criteria?

=IF(SUM(COUNTIF(D5:D16,1),COUNTIF(D5:D16,2))<18,TR ANSPOSE(D5:D16),SUM(COUNTIF(D5:D16,1),COUNTIF(D5:D 16,2)))

thard

TRANSPOSE

2 things come to mind.

1. Be sure to use CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER since this is an array formula

2. If the range is a column of 12 cells, I believe when you enter the array
formula you have to account for the transposed area. That is, you have to
select a row of 12 cells when you mark the formula as an array.

I don't work alot with array formulas though, hope it helps you a little
anyway...