-   -   Excel very slow to open or close (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/105530-excel-very-slow-open-close.html)

RobinAdams

Excel very slow to open or close

I am running Excel 2003 Professional. It is extremely slow to open and close.
I think this problem came from an update, but I removed several of the most
recent update but nothing changed. I tried detect and repair and got no
where. Any suggestions or know fixes?

Dave Peterson

Excel very slow to open or close

Try closing excel and cleaning up your windows temp folder--it might help and it
can't hurt.

windows start button|Run
%temp%
is a quick way to get there.

And here are a couple of sites that discuss slow performance. The first is by
Charles Williams and the second by David McRitchie:

http://www.decisionmodels.com
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/slowresp.htm

--

Dave Peterson