-   -   How do I make zeros show up with a diagonal line across them? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/105528-how-do-i-make-zeros-show-up-diagonal-line-across-them.html)

jhe2006

How do I make zeros show up with a diagonal line across them?

I have some codes that go to customers that contain both zeros and the letter
O. They look very similar and to avoid confusion, I have been requested to
make the zeros show up as zeros with a diagonal line across them.

I am using Excel 2003 SP2.

Dave F

How do I make zeros show up with a diagonal line across them?

You'd have to use a font which displays 0s in such a way.

I don't know which font does that but I'm sure there is one out there. Just
experiment with different fonts.

Or perhaps google something like "calculator display font"

"jhe2006" wrote:

I have some codes that go to customers that contain both zeros and the letter
O. They look very similar and to avoid confusion, I have been requested to
make the zeros show up as zeros with a diagonal line across them.

I am using Excel 2003 SP2.

Gord Dibben

How do I make zeros show up with a diagonal line across them?

You need to have a slashed zero font installed.

Check out this 'net search result for downloads.

HamFonts has an Arial slashed font and are free.

http://snipurl.com/v35h

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP