-   -   What combo of figures = X? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/105498-re-what-combo-figures-%3D-x.html)

John Taylor

What combo of figures = X?

Tony,

I was interested to find a solution for the same problem that you posed, and
was disappointed when I found, like you, that Peo's solution wasn't working.

After doing some intensive searching on the web I finally found what to do.
Instead of #VALUE! in D2, it should be =SUMPRODUCT(A2:A7,B2:B7). Give it a
try, and hopefully you'll get the result that you're after.

BTW, I tried the Harlan Grove macro and it worked brilliantly (after a
little help from someone else in the newsgroup!!).

HTH

Regards,

John

hi, thanks for replying. I am trying Peo's solution, but it is not
working. I follow all instructions to the letter and use his example
data, but the "change" in column B does not occur.

One thing is that I get an error if I just enter "#VALUE!" in D2, it
says it must be a forumula...so I have been entering
"=#VALUE!"...other than that, I am doing just what the instructions
say, and no luck...