-   -   How to filter repeating Names (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/105484-re-how-filter-repeating-names.html)

ctrl lady

How to filter repeating Names

I have a huge list of clients, and some of them are repeating in "Name"
column, but have different values in other columns.

I need to filter those clients that appear more than once into separate
list.

Thanks in advance!

--
ctrl lady
ctrl lady's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21040

Jaleel

How to filter repeating Names

Hi,

Tools - Data - Filter - Auto Filter.
Then select visible cells, copy and paste. If you wish more tech, Dave or
Bob or Topper will reply to you.

Cheers.

Jaleel

"ctrl lady" wrote:

I have a huge list of clients, and some of them are repeating in "Name"
column, but have different values in other columns.

I need to filter those clients that appear more than once into separate
list.

Thanks in advance!

--
ctrl lady
ctrl lady's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21040
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=572541

ctrl lady

How to filter repeating Names

Jaleel,

thanks for the effort, but I´m affraid simple AutoFilter won´t do the
job.

I need to filter just those Names that are repeating, and left out
those that appear only once in the list.

Any other idea?

"ctrl lady" wrote:

I have a huge list of clients, and some of them are repeating in

"Name"
column, but have different values in other columns.

I need to filter those clients that appear more than once into

separate
list.

Thanks in advance!

--
ctrl lady

ctrl lady's Profile:

View this thread:

ctrl lady
ctrl lady's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21040
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=572541

Dave Peterson

How to filter repeating Names

You could insert a helper column and add a formula like:

=countif(a:a,a1)
and drag down.

Then filter by this column.

Then rows with values greater than 1 have duplicates.

I'm not really sure what you want, but Chip Pearson has lots of techniques to
work with duplicates:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

ctrl lady wrote:

I have a huge list of clients, and some of them are repeating in "Name"
column, but have different values in other columns.

I need to filter those clients that appear more than once into separate
list.

Thanks in advance!

--
ctrl lady
ctrl lady's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21040
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=572541

--

Dave Peterson

ctrl lady

How to filter repeating Names

Dave,

Thanks, your tip did the work just fine :)