-   -   How to alter content in a closed spreadsheet without opening it! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/105456-how-alter-content-closed-spreadsheet-without-opening.html)

mflibra

How to alter content in a closed spreadsheet without opening it!

I created a spreadsheet with a great macro in! Unfortunately I copied
and pasted a formula into all the cells of the sheet (right down to
line 65536). The program saved okay, but it's 28MB and won't open!

I don't care about the contents of the spreadsheet which I can access
using linking to another spreadsheet. What I really want to do is
access the macro in the spreadsheet that now won't open.

So I was wondering how I can write a macro to write to the sheet in
question without opening the file, hopefully delete either the sheet or
clear the cell contents for all rows below say row 30 and have it save,
so that I can open the file using normal methods.

--
mflibra
mflibra's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37449