-   -   format entry as ###.## (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/105240-format-entry.html)

Varun Nair

format entry as ###.##

I want a excel format in a cell in this way

for example i enter a number as 123456, then it should automatically be
1234.56.

i have used a formula to do that. but i need a format to do that.

please help
--
Varun Nair

Niek Otten

format entry as ###.##

ToolsOptionsEdit tab, check Fixed decimal for 2 decimals

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Varun Nair" wrote in message ...
|I want a excel format in a cell in this way
|
| for example i enter a number as 123456, then it should automatically be
| 1234.56.
|
| i have used a formula to do that. but i need a format to do that.
|
| please help
| --
| Varun Nair

Bob Phillips

format entry as ###.##

ToolsOptionsEdit, check the Fixed decimal box, and set the number to 2.

Beware, it applies to the application.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips