-   -   show $ in blank cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/105193-show-%24-blank-cells.html)

Nancy

show $ in blank cells

why do some of my total cells show $ - but not all of them?

RagDyeR

show $ in blank cells

Some are formatted to Accounting, and some are not.

RD

"Nancy" wrote in message
why do some of my total cells show $ - but not all of them?

Gord Dibben

show $ in blank cells

The ones that show $ - are formatted as Accounting and contain a value of
zero.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 18:36:02 -0700, Nancy
wrote:

why do some of my total cells show $ - but not all of them?

Max

show $ in blank cells

"Nancy" wrote:
why do some of my total cells show $ - but not all of them?

Assuming the same "Accounting" format is applied, then those that show: $ -
contain zeros (inputs or formula returns), while those that don't are either
empty cells or cells containing: "" (zero length null strings returned by
formulas)
--
Max
Singapore