-   -   Highlight finding in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/105047-highlight-finding-excel.html)

Rick >.

Highlight finding in Excel

Hi everyone,

As Excel can't highlight what you have found using 'Find', is there any
other way to achieve this outcome? I used to copy and paste them to Word but
now the data gets to large and my Pentium 4 computer can't cope!

Thx

Don Guillett

Highlight finding in Excel

If you are you looking for ONE item use FIND and then
Sub findandhilite()
Columns(2).Find(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 3
End Sub
if mor than one look at the example for FINDNEXT and use the same idea

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Rick .<" wrote in message
Hi everyone,

As Excel can't highlight what you have found using 'Find', is there any
other way to achieve this outcome? I used to copy and paste them to Word
but
now the data gets to large and my Pentium 4 computer can't cope!

Thx

Dave F

Highlight finding in Excel

Have you tried conditional formatting?

I.e., if the thing you wan to find is all instances of 56, then you can set
the conditional formatting to bold all cells with a value of 56, etc.