-   -   Making condition dynamic? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/105015-making-condition-dynamic.html)

aposatsk

Making condition dynamic?

I have a macro made for a spreadsheet. It used to work, until I began
adding new rows. Since the macro was told to select, say, A1:A20, and
now i have an extra row, that row will not be selected. Is there any
way to make this condition A1:A'X', leaving X a variable, hence
allowing the macro to work with any number of rows?

--
aposatsk
aposatsk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36709

Otto Moehrbach

Making condition dynamic?

There are a number of ways of doing this. Which way fits you depends on the
layout of your data. What would you say to a person if you were telling him
how to determine what rows to select? Post your code when you respond. Not
the file. Just the pertinent code. HTH Otto
"aposatsk" wrote in
message ...

I have a macro made for a spreadsheet. It used to work, until I began
adding new rows. Since the macro was told to select, say, A1:A20, and
now i have an extra row, that row will not be selected. Is there any
way to make this condition A1:A'X', leaving X a variable, hence
allowing the macro to work with any number of rows?

--
aposatsk
aposatsk's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=571762

aposatsk

Making condition dynamic?

Sub Macro1()
'
' Macro1 Macro
' Macro recorded 15/05/2006 by Alex_Posatskiy
'

'
* Range("X9:AD127").Select
Range("X9:AF127").Select*
Range("AF9").Activate
Selection.Copy
Range("W9").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
*Range("AF9:AF127").Select*
Selection.ClearContents
Range("W4").Select
With Worksheets("Asphalt").Range("w7")
.Value = .Value + 7
End With
End Sub

The "127" has changed and will constantly change. I want the code to
leave the "127" variable to the length of the chart.

Otto Moehrbach Wrote:
[...]

View this thread:

aposatsk
aposatsk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36709