-   -   add 2 decimal places (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/10499-add-2-decimal-places.html)

Bill M.

add 2 decimal places

I have a column of numbers which were imported as text and need to have the
last two places changed to decimals. How do I do that?

Gordon

Bill M. wrote:
I have a column of numbers which were imported as text and need to have the
last two places changed to decimals. How do I do that?

Type in the number 10 in a spare cell. highlight it, select "copy" then
select the column you wish to change, right-click on it, select "paste
Special" and under "Operation" choose divide.

HTH

--
Registered Linux User no 240308
Just waiting for Broadband to complete the conversion!(3 weeks and

Peo Sjoblom

Do you still want them to be text?

If not

=--(A1)/100